I'm going to be doing the bullet thingy today, because, well, it's easier and I'm busy.
- Why I am so busy you ask? Because my husband is in Vegas and I am a full-time working single mother of two crazy
human babies dogs. It's hard work because they are a bit spoiled high maintenance pups who need to be checked on several times a day so they do not tear the house apart. Not to mention the weather has been crappy, so I can't leave them outside.
- Usually Dan stays up late with the dogs, and I get up early with them. They don't require much sleep at night and will let you know when they are ready to get up. So, when they went to sleep last night at 8 pm, I was right behind them. They were ready to rock and roll at 4:30 am this morning. And, yes, I got up with them. I did feel a sense of accomplishment however. I was up at 4:30, ran 11.5 miles, feed the dogs, walked them showered and was at work by 8:00 am. Of course now I'm ready to fall head first into my computer I'm so tired.
- I ran the Decker Challenge Half-Marathon (Austin Distance Challenge Race #3) on Sunday. The weather was kinda crappy (rain), and I felt like I could have ran better (1:38:29), but I ran well enough to hang on to my lead in the Challenge. And, I placed 2nd in my age group, so I'll take it.
- Last weeks totals: Run: 62.76 miles / Swam: 6,950 yards (in the pool 4 times. That's fab for me so I am going to toot my own horn. Toot, toot.)
- I do not have anymore races scheduled for 2009. So sad. But, it's been a great year. I'm so thankful for my health and the ability to get out there and do what I love. I'll kick off 2010 with the Resolution Run, a 5K on Jan. 1. What better way to start off the New Year!!
- Dan will be back tomorrow evening. Thank goodness.
That's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment