- I should not even be writing this blog right now, and I have 10 zillion things to do at work today. Brief summary of my morning: death by email inbox. Hello, Monday.
- Day 1 of Ironman training is today. I dragged my butt out of bed at 4:45 am this morning to drag myself to the pool in the freezing cold (it's an indoor pool, but still cold). I swam 3,000 yds - my longest swim in months and actually felt great. Good start to training. I still have 2 workouts left today - a 5 mi run at lunch and a 30 min bike tonight. Hello Ironman training, goodbye free time,
Goals? Sure, I have lots of those, but prepare yourselves, they're more broad and vague than most congressional hearings; plus, I figure that by keeping them this way, if I don't accomplish any of them, at the end of the year I can just say, "I don't remember making that goal."
For your reading convenience, I have categorized them for you. You're welcome.
Personal
- Be the most awesome wife and mother to my fur-babies I can. I'm already pretty awesome, but I'm sure I could crank it up another notch in order to accomplish the superlative "most."
- Be a better friend. Pick up the phone and make calls to keep in touch, plan trips to spend time with my gal pals, be the friend that I want in others.
- On the financial front, I'd like to save more. If I don't really need it, then don't buy it. Eat out waaaay less. The Hubbs will have to help me with this one, as he likes to eat out just as much as I do.
- Turn out house into a home. It may take all year, and that's fine, but hopefully by this time next year we will be all settled in!
Professional
- Work hard. Go the extra mile. Volunteer to help out co-workers when they need help with an event. Get to work early, stay late when necessary.
- Have a positive attitude always, even when I'm stressed out. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Athletic
- BECOME AN IRONMAN.
- Train properly for the Ironman - put in the miles & time & proper training that I know is necessary for this distance. Stay focused and stay determined. Do not give up.
- Find balance between training and personal life. Realize how important training is, but it is not everything. It's okay to miss a workout every now and then.
- Learn how to change a flat tire on my bike. This is sooo important.
- PR at the Houston Marathon. This means running faster than 3:17. Not sure is this will happen since Houston is in 3 weeks.
There ya go. 2010, look out. I plan to do more and do it better.

No comments:
Post a Comment