
Dear Mr. Walt Disney,
My name is Erin, I'm 31 years old, and I have an extreme love of running. Me and running are like best friends. For reals. You see for years I've had my eye on your Goofy Challenge that is part of Walt Disney Marathon weekend, and every year it sells out before I can get my act together and sign up.
So you see, this time around I was determined to sign up to run with Mickey and friends the MOMENT that registration opened for 2011. This happened to be on Monday, January 11, 2010 at Noon EST. I eagerly set at my computer waiting for the clock to strike 11 (I'm on CST), so that I could ensure my spot with Goofy. I even called the mister to double check that it was okay to sign up for this race, and gleamed like a giddy school girl on her first date when he okayed my plans.
However, dear Mr. Disney, I also had a heart attack when I went to the registration site and noticed the entry fee for the Goofy Challenge was $300!! That is more than a nice Coach purse or pair of designer shoes. Also, I'm not quite following your logic on why the Goofy Challenge is more expensive than the half-marathon + marathon costs added together (each are $135), when that is exactly what I will be running. Goofy must be an extra special guy if it costs this much to participate in his challenge. I did notice that I will receive some extra goodies for participating, but I really think there should be a price break for those of us
Lucky for you Mr. Disney, I am a sucker, and signed up since it's been my life long dream. However, I am requesting unlimited rides on "It's a Small World" and a foot massage after the races from Goofy himself. I'm also requesting 70 degree weather with sunny skies. None of the crazy cold weather with sleet that was around for this year's race. Also, not to make you feel guilty or anything, I will probably not be able to buy groceries for a month after spending $300 on your registration fee.
Sincerely,
Erin

No comments:
Post a Comment