This morning was the first day of training with the Southwestern University Cross Country team and it was awesome. I loved every minute of it, and can't wait to do it again. Training with them made me nostalgic for college...I heard one girl complaining about school, and I told her to enjoy every moment of your college experience. It will fly by and soon enough you'll be in the "real world" and wishing for those days back.
I was so excited about training with them I couldn't sleep. I kept waking up every few hours and checking the clock to see if it was time to get up yet. I don't know if this makes me weird or dedicated.
In the past I've trained with the women's team, so I warmed up down to the park with them. After we did drills, Coach Smith suggested that I train with the men this year. I was really nervous for a few reasons: 1) I did not want to finish last; 2) I did not want to finish last and have them all think I did not belong there; 3) I knew by running with them they would run harder so they didn't get "chicked." I worked hard today, and it felt great. I didn't finish last (or even second to last!) and my goal for the season is never to finish last in a workout...someone has to finish last, but it won't be me :).
Anyway, it was a great morning, and I feel very honored to be able to have the opportunity to train with them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment