and then you have: my weekend.
the good:
>I had a big Ironman-like training weekend (somewhat unintentionally): 20 mi run, 1500m open water swim on Saturday; 76 mile ride on Sunday
> I was able to work on my tan
> I did not eat out once this weekend, which means I ate healthy AND saved money
> I got to run with friends I hadn't run with in awhile on Saturday. Good company.
> I was pushed beyond my comfort zone on the bike ride Sunday, which was good for me.
> Quality time with my pups and a trip to the dog park.
> Started a finished a really good book.
> Watched Friday Night Lights.
> Got some sleep.
> Back on a set schedule [I LOVE SCHEDULES]. Training for Longhorn 70.3 started today!
the bad:
> Horrible, horrible tan lines on my back from running/cycling in the sun all weekend. Will not look good for the bridesmaid's dress I'm wearing this weekend.
> Serious chafing in weird places from my long run on Saturday. Even on my wrist. Looks like I've been beaten. Also not good for the wedding pictures this weekend.
> Only actually planned on riding 30 miles on Sunday so I ran out of water in 104 degree temps. Was dehydrated for the rest of the day, making me worthless.
> Decided to check out a new riding group on Sunday. Friend was a no-show for the ride so I rode with 6 fast men on a route I was not familiar with. It was keep up or be left behind.
> Did not run any of the errands or do any of the cleaning I had planned because I was too stinking tired from the workouts. House is a mess.
> Went to bed at 8:30 pm and 9:00 pm this weekend. Not very conducive for a social life. [but I've discovered I really like going to bed at 9 pm]
> Did not do any of the following on my list in preparation for said wedding: pedicure, manicure, hair cut, purchase jewelry and make-up. Don't really have time this week due to a work event I'm in charge of.
> Hot. Hot. Hot out this weekend.
> Finished a gallon of ice cream in 3 days. Don't judge it was low-fat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment