Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Anniversary (And Reasons Why I Love my Husband)

Happy Anniversary to my Iron Sherpa! Three years ago today, we tied the knot. Now, this could get a little sappy, but really, I must brag for a little bit. Oh, and the reasons are included, but not limited to, the items listed here.

Reasons Why I Love My Husband:

10. He doesn't complain (at least not much) about the all the things I cook that stink up the house (which is all the time). Namely brussel sprouts if you were wondering.

9. He loves to sit outside all day with me...sometimes we go to the park, sometimes we go running or biking, sometimes we go to the bar, sometimes we go to the pool...it doesn't matter. But a gorgeous day means we are outside. However, we did waste one of the most beautiful days of 2007 inside Bed, Bath and Beyond for 4 hours registering for wedding gifts...painful.

8. He let me get two (high maintenance) dogs, and doesn't complain that I don't pick up their poop like I promised I would.

7. He is hysterical. Probably the funniest person I know.

6. He looks super hot in just a t-shirt, shorts and a baseball cap. Oh, and in his Texas (not UT) running shorts!

5. He is such a good friend - to me and to everyone he meets. This is a good thing because I am generally pretty evil...they say opposites attract?

4. He comes to pretty much all of my races to cheer me on, and never complains, even though I know it's super boring.

3. He is the best Iron Sherpa ever and I owe much of my Ironman success to him. He is my chauffeur, photographer, cheerleader. He listens to me babble on about my training schedule and my bike and my nutrition plan. He commiserates with me when I have a bad training session and celebrates with me when I have a good one.

2. He has never once complained about ending our nights at 8 pm so I can go to sleep early.

1. He calls me his angel...and we all know how unangelic I typically am.

0. Mostly though, I love him because when the alarm goes off at 4:30 in the morning, he doesn't complain when I wake him up, make a lot of noise, turn on the lights and grunt through the 10 minutes it takes me to get ready for my workout.

Okay, enough sap. But seriously, I am the luckiest woman alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment