This was a pretty good week for training. I got in some good run and some solid swims. I got in zero bike rides...partly due to my bike being in the shop earlier in the week, partly due to other evening commitments and partly due to I just didn't feel like it. :)
I'll wrap up with some of the more memorable moments from my week:
- A guy wearing a red flowered speedo and a snorkel lapped me during my Tuesday swim. Yes, a snorkel.
- No power for 3 hours Monday night when it's 100+ degrees out, no candles or flash light so it's pitch black in the house and $300 worth of food we just bought sitting in a refrigerator that does not work since the power is out.
- Coming home from my morning run several times this week to find my sweet basset hounds sitting at the window, paws on the ledge waiting for me. :)
- Feeling so completely excited and motivated after training with the Southwestern Cross Country Team on Thursday.
- Two great back-to-back swims on Thursday and Friday. That never happens to me.
This weekend will be lighter in world of training. It's Dan's last weekend "golf-free" before his season begins, and one of my last weekends without a race (September and October I race A LOT). I intend to take advantage of the family down time. It will include sleeping late, a run, having a leisurely brunch, watching a movie, playing with the dogs, having a late lunch, pool time, and a very lazy evening with friends at our house. I initially planned to ride on Saturday, but changed my mind as I did not want it taking up my whole day. After all, a brunch, a nap and a lazy day never hurt anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment