Monday, February 15, 2010

Austin Half-Marathon Race Report

Hi blogging buddies! I'm back and with good news. After a bout of the sickies last last week, I bounced back and ran a PR at the Austin Half-Marathon on Sunday in 1:32:36. I was the 22nd woman out of 5,086 ladies.

And, the best news is that I won my age group in the distance challenge. I actually think I was the 2nd overall female finisher as well. I get to attend a fun race party on the 27th and receive a nice jacket and trophy for my efforts. Super excited. Here are the top 3 results in my age group. Looks like I had some time to spare.
Female 30 to 34
Name Series Age Cumulative Time
Erin Ruyle 31 06:15:11
Anne Drees 31 07:12:00
Aspen Kralich 31 08:12:53

I had a really good run yesterday. Everything just clicked, and afterwards I was bummed that I did not run the full marathon. I really think I could have run a 3:15 or better yesterday. But, being in the middle of Ironman training, a marathon was not what I needed.

Speaking of training, I think Shawn has been taking it a bit easy on me until I finished the Distance Challenge, and so now I expect my training to ramp up quite a bit....starting with a 3 hour ride on Saturday. Today is a rest day to recharge my batteries, but I'll return full throttle to workouts at 4:45 am tomorrow!

Have a great week!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment