
I reached another level of crazy this morning: I used 4 hours of precious vacation so that I could get in all of my scheduled Ironman workouts this morning. This included an 8.5 mile run, followed by 2.5 hours on the trainer. Yes, I used vacation to wake up at my normal 4:45 am and workout all morning. I do not know if this is dedication or lunacy, but I am leaning towards lunacy. I should have taken the whole day off because the workouts left me completely wiped out and only half way functional at work this afternoon. Thank god all I have is a swim on my schedule for tomorrow.
Speaking of work, I wonder what they think. Only 2 people know I am training for an Ironman. I come in every day looking like hell because I have permo bags/goggle marks under my eyes from waking up at 4:45 am/goggle marks from long swims in the pool. Not sure if they think I've been out all night partying or just generally look like crap lately. Anyho, it will be nice when the sun finally starts to shine consistently so I can get a tan to hide some of these lines. I have never been this pasty white in February (p.s. It was 28 degrees running this morning. Insane for February).
That's all I've got. Just in case you were wondering, riding on the trainer and staring at the same 4 walls for 2.5 hours really sucks.

No comments:
Post a Comment