Friday, February 19, 2010

You Know You're Training for an Ironman When...

  • You get excited about "sleeping in" until 6:30 am on a Saturday.
  • You're excited about a Friday evening on the couch with the dogs eating pasta and catching up on DVR'd TV shows.
  • You're always hungry and tired.
  • You always smell like chlorine and it looks like you have goggle marks tattooed around your eyes.
  • You refer to your scheduled 10 mile training Sunday run as "only 10 miles."
Friday has arrived! I've hit all of my workouts this week, and if I can make it through my 3 hour bike ride tomorrow, then I am home free. Tomorrow morning I am riding with a new group a friend started. They are leaving from Cedar Park at 8 am, which will be nice - even though it will be a bit cold - to get my ride done with earlier in the day. I think they are riding about 20 miles, so obviously I'll have to ride for about an hour and a half by myself, but it will be nice to have company for part of my ride. Sunday, I have a 10 mile run, followed by a rest day on Monday to prepare me for a very heavy training schedule for the next two weeks.

Dan's working basketball this evening, so I will have the house to myself which = catching up on my girly shows and watching a movie of my choice. If I get adventurous I might stay up past 9 pm, but it's probably not likely.

Have a great weekend!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment