Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back to the Grind...

I shouldn't call it that. Training makes me quite happy. I had a little (unwanted) reprieve from training this weekend due to a little something called work. However, I think my 2 hr torture workout on the bike trainer this morning, followed by a run at lunch more than makes up for it.

I'm running in one of my fav races this weekend, on Valentines Day to be exact -The Austin Half Marathon. I'm a little sad that I am not running the full marathon with some of my run group friends, but at least I can be there at the finish line to cheer then on.

So, training is going well. I'm getting much more comfortable swimming longer distances, and am even getting used to biking on the trainer. I like having a schedule to follow and the satisfaction of checking off those workouts when they are completed. I'm even used to the 4:45 alarm that goes off every single day. In fact, I really do not even need my alarm clock anymore - I've gotten to the point where I wake up on my own.

However, there are a few things that anger me right now. Like scream profanities at strangers angry. Look out folks, I consider you all one degree away from being a stranger.
  • For startsies. I feel like I am getting sick. And it's pissing me off. I can't get sick. Triathletes who like to workout and stick to a 6x's a week training plan can't get sick. So WTF?
  • The weather. Oh my dear word. My blood is boiling. It is cold and windy and cold and rainy and cold and sunshine-less in Texas. It has been this way for like 4 months. This is Texas. It's supposed to be 65 and sunny this time of year. I need to ride my bike outside. Mother nature is not making this possible. If it's going to be so damn cold, then please snow so I can get out of work. Snow days would make everything A-Okay.
  • Work. I just finished a big event which deprived me of sleep for several weeks. I want a week to do nothing but surf the internet and scout the Austin area for bassets up for adoption. Do I get that? No. Another big project needed to be started immediately, and off I go back to crazy town. Dear God, I thought I asked to be a house wife when I was little??
Okay, that is enough for now.
Happy Wednesday!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment