Monday, March 15, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

I feel like I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. And, seriously, today should be a national holiday...the day following Selection Sunday. Anyone agree?

I had a busy weekend, but a good one. It was great to see my cousin and her fiance, and I can't wait until they move down here in June! And, they've already volunteered to babysit our crazy hound dogs whenever we need it. Little do they know what they've gotten themselves into!

Friday morning, Karen and I rode 40 miles from Georgetown - out around Granger and Taylor and back. It was a beautiful ride out in the country, although it was really windy out. I felt like I was going to be blown off my bike. That made it not so fun. When I got home from the ride, Dan and I ran 3 miles, while I yelled at him the entire time for running too fast. Yes, we put the fun in dysfunctional.

Saturday morning, I met Erica at Brushy Creek for 40 more miles. I struggled to keep up with her. It was definitely one of those rides that seemed to last forever. We ran 3.7 miles afterwards, and then I went home and ate everything in sight. No joke.

Yesterday was a 15 mile long run. I was sort of dreading this run because my legs were so taxed from Friday and Saturdays workout. But, it went surprisingly well. The weather was awesome, so I just took it at a comfortable pace and soaked up the sun!

Today is just an easy swim at lunch...love these type of days :)

I'm a single dog mom all week, so my posting may be sporadic. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment