A few thoughts and feelings as I head into a new month of Ironman training >
I am always
1. exhuasted
2. hungry
3. doing laundry
This is hard. I didn't think training would be a cakewalk (where did that expression come from? I will wikipedia it later) but I didn't realize what a jump it would be from Half-Ironman training.
I've been training for about 5 weeks. I have 115 days to go. I CAN do this and I know I WILL do this but oh man am I feeling the effects of long rides, runs, and swims.
I'm fortunate that I've found some very cool people to train with ... the only place I don't have a training buddy is in the pool, but I'm okay with that - it's mainly the long rides where I can use company.
I hit some low points mentally but I think that's to be expected. They were along the lines of "why the eff am I doing this?" and "how am I only at mile x?" I just tried to pull myself out of the funk, focus on the good, etc.
Big ride coming up this Saturday in Bastrop. It's an organized (very, very, very hilly) ride Called Pedal Thru the Pines. 65 miles plus a run afterwards for me. But, I really enjoy doing the organized rides because they have support on the course in case you get a flat, as well as food and gatorade at the rest stops.
Sunday, I am meeting up with my friend Erica to do a mini-tri at Lake Pflugerville. It will be my first open water swim, and I am sure the water will be freezing. But, it will be good practice in my wet suit and preparation for the cold water at C'ouer D'Alene.
Time for a snack. More later.
Erin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment