It's definitely a Monday around these parts, as I am tired and sluggish. After a beautiful weekend of nice temps and sunshine, the cold and rain is back today. The light at the end of my Monday tunnel is that the Bachelor season finale is on tonight! I think he picks Vienna. Mark my words.
I'm am happy to report that I survived my 55 mile ride on Saturday without any flat tires. I actually rode 56 miles to be exact, followed my running 4 miles hard off my bike. My friend Karen was kind enough to ride/run with me this week. Not only was it sooo nice to have the company, it forced me to push myself. We had a beautiful morning for a ride & run, and got in some good hill work riding up and down Parmer. I had a good run on Sunday as well, feeling much better than anticipated. It was a good weekend of training. After last week's bike failure, I needed it. I will say one thing however: I've ridden the distance (55 miles) several other times. I really start to get antsy on my bike around 45 miles. The thought that come June 27, I will be riding TWICE what I rode on Saturday is a bit overwhelming. But, as Karen assured me, I have plenty of time, and I will build into it...
In other news, I am dealing with a stubborn basset hound. A VERY stubborn basset hound. He goes by the name of Flash. We've been having stand-offs lately on his walks, which have escalated into being almost intolerable the past two days. Flash likes to take walks at his pace. Okay, I get it, you like to sniff and smell the roses. But, I do not always have all day. Particularly in the mornings when I have to be at work at 8 am. It starts with us playing tug of war on the walk. I tug, Flash removes to budge as he eats grass. The past few days he has gotten in the bad habit of just plopping down and refusing to move. Picture this: I have LuLu tugging me forward, I'm holding two sacks of poop from the walk, and Flash is sprawled out on the sidewalk down the street refusing to budge. I try to coax him by promising him a treat; no luck. I then try to scoop him off the ground with one arm, while holding Lu's leash with the other; he's a 55 pound hound, no luck. Finally, after 10 min and the neighbors laughing hysterically, he decides he's ready for forward progress. We took three walks yesterday; he did this to me THREE times. The ultimate showdown came today. I came home from work today to quickly check on the dogs and give them a quick walk. We made it like half way down the street with Flash moving at the pace of a snail before I decided this wasn't going to work because I needed to get back to work. We had crossed the street, so I decided we would cross back over and head to the house and not do our usual loop. Flash does not want to cross the road and half-way through DECIDES TO LAY DOWN THE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. I am fuming and freaking out at the same time. Luckily we are in a residential neighborhood, when people drive relatively slow. Along comes a truck. I proceed to drag Flash across the road and wave in apology at the man driving the truck. At this point I've accidentally let go of LuLu's leash and she is halfway down the block playing in the nieghbors yard.
Serenity now. Thank goodness they are only dogs, so I can promptly send them back at the house and leave them. Flash may not make the evening walk.
Happy Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment