No, seriously - hello from Baltimore. I couldn't mention this on the blog earlier since my mom is a reader, but on Friday morning I boarded a plane from Austin to Baltimore, unbeknownst to my parents, for a surprise 40th Anniversary Party that my brother, sister-in-law and I threw for my parents yesterday. It was so nice to be able to not only suprise them but to celebrate such a big milestone with them.
And, to make the weekend even more special, I found out that I am going to be an aunt!
| Secret Mission 'Surprise the Parents' Commences |
Last week's workouts:
Monday: (AM) 45 minuted strength/core; (Lunch) 2200 yd swim
Tuesday: (AM) Run Group - 10.2 miles. Today's workout was digressive hills.
Hill Workout (includes recoveries)/6 miles/45:17/7:33 avg pace
(PM) 3,500 yd swim
Wednesday: (AM) 14 miles/8:35 pace. These Wednesday long runs continue to be a SLOG....
(Lunch) 1,800 yd swim
Thursday: (AM) Run Group - 12.5 miles.
We headed to the track today for a ladder workout: 400, 800, 1200, 1600, 1200, 800, 400 with 400m recovery jog in between each hard effort.
Ladder Workout/5.75 miles/42:24/7:23 overall avg pace
Hard efforts were:
400 - 1:39 (6:39 pace)
800 - 3:19 (6:40 pace)
1200 -6:02 (6:43 pace)
1600 - 6:47
1200 - 5:00 (6:41 pace)
800 - 3:18 (6:38 pace)
400 - 1:29 (5:58 pace)
(Lunch) 35 minutes strength/core; (PM) 2,400 yd
Friday: Rest Day - Travel
Saturday: 15.13 miles @8:09 pace - Laurel, Maryland. Ran 12 progressive alone and 5k easy with Dan to celebrate 5 years of marriage. I tried to get him to run 5 miles with me for 5 years, but a 5k was all he would agree too :)
Sunday: 10.10 miles @8:14 pace - Laurel, Maryland.
Total Miles: 62 miles/Planned mileage 66
We're in Maryland/Northern Virginia until Tuesday, then back to Texas...have a great week everyone!

Well that is certainly a weekend full of celebrations! Enjoy the rest of your time! Love the 5K for your 5th anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI love that he ran a 5K with you to celebrate :)
ReplyDeleteIs the weather better than Texas? I've always wondered how it compared. ;)
Eh - it's a tad cooler in the mornings, but still pretty humid. I did catch a break this morning with some cloud cover. :)
DeleteHope you are having fun!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, we are!
DeleteI really like your dress! And that chair/bench 9 not quite sure what it is) is really cool?
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your parents 40th anniversary, that is awesome! As a semi-newly wed (we've been married a little over 2 years) I love hearing about couple who have been happily married that long!
And as usual- great training!!
Thank you! :)
Delete*cool. not cool?
ReplyDeleteHi Erin, You often mention core work in your weekly summaries. What type of core work do you do? I think core is so important for triathletes/runners and am always looking for routines/ideas.
ReplyDeleteHi Britt!
DeleteI pretty much do all of my core work in the garage using a mat, medicine ball and occasionally dumbells. Pretty much everything I do uses my own body weight as resistance so not a lot of equipment needed!
I am the queen of planks. My favorite workout is plank circuits, which are a series of planks with some other sort of core exercise mixed in.
i.e. 3x1 min regular planks with 10 push-ups after each set. Then I move on to another plank circuit such as 3x1 min side plank with 1 min scissors kicks in between. I usually have about 5 different plank circuits I do in one workout - regular plank, side planks, push-up planks, one-legged plank, hi-lo planks etc.
I also use the McMillan Core Workout for Runner's DVDs -
http://endurancebuzz.com/2010/09/03/mcmillan-runners-core-routine-dvds-run-training-tool/
This is another core circuit workout that I use:
http://tweakfit.com/30-minute-core-workout
One last reccomendation - I also like the pedestal core workouts. They are tough but pay off.
http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=13142
Hope this helps!
Awesome, thanks so much! This definitely helps; I always do the same ab routine and need new ideas, so this is great.
DeleteIf you desire to obtain a good deal from this piece of writing then
ReplyDeleteyou have to apply these methods to your won weblog.
Also visit my homepage :: kohlenhydratarme ernährung
Also see my webpage: no carbs
Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.
ReplyDeleteI will ensure that I bookmark your blog and may come back very soon.
I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great writing, have a nice holiday weekend!
My homepage: low carb bagels
What i don't understood is in fact how you're no longer actually much more neatly-appreciated than you may be right now.
ReplyDeleteYou are so intelligent. You understand thus significantly in the case of this matter, produced me individually believe it
from numerous numerous angles. Its like women and men aren't involved except it's
something to do with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent.
Always maintain it up!
Here is my web-site schnell abnehmen tipps
My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was totally right.
ReplyDeleteThis post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I
had spent for this information! Thanks!
Also visit my homepage: wordpress grundlagenkurs
My brother suggested I might like this web site.
ReplyDeleteHe was totally right. This post truly made my day.
You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this information!
Thanks!
Look at my homepage wordpress grundlagenkurs
my webpage - wordpress 3.1 themes
My brother suggested I may like this website. He was totally right.
ReplyDeleteThis put up actually made my day. You cann't imagine just how so much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
Here is my web page ... carbs diet menu
Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in your post is just cool and
ReplyDeletethat i could suppose you're a professional in this subject. Well together with your permission let me to clutch your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.
My blog post :: primal blueprint diät
my website > frühstück paleo
Paragraph writing is also a excitement, if you be acquainted with after that you can write if not it
ReplyDeleteis difficult to write.
Feel free to surf to my weblog; produkte kohlenhydrate
Hi to every one, it's genuinely a fastidious for me to go to see this site, it consists of helpful Information.
ReplyDeleteHere is my blog post; steuerberatung online
After I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a
ReplyDeletecomment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
There has to be a way you can remove me from that service?
Thanks!
Also visit my webpage :: fettbinder zum abnehmen
my web site: Steinzeit-Diät
Hi, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in
Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick
heads up! Other then that, great blog!
My weblog richtig schnell abnehmen
Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could
ReplyDeleteadd to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.
Feel free to visit my web site - cms wordpress
If you are going for most excellent contents like
ReplyDeleteme, only visit this website everyday as it gives feature contents, thanks
Review my blog post: 2 day diet
Also see my web page > steinzeit ernährung
Excellent blog here! Also your web site loads up fast!
ReplyDeleteWhat web host are you using? Can I get your associate
link on your host? I wish my website loaded up as quickly as yours
lol
My page - kohlenhydratarme Ernährung Erfahrungen
Tremendous issues here. I'm very glad to look your post. Thanks so much and I am taking a look ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?
ReplyDeletemy web blog ... wordpress kurse
We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done a formidable job and our whole community will be grateful to you.
ReplyDeleteReview my web-site ... steinzeitdiät
Quality сontent is the important to bе a focus for the peoρle to
ReplyDeletepаy a visit the site, that's what this web site is providing.
My site ... diamondlinks review