1. College football starts tonight! This is my favorite time of year. And, what makes it even better is my Gamecocks (University of South Carolina for all of you non-football fans) are the featured game on ESPN tonight. The dogs have their Carolina collars on and we've got our gear on - we're ready for a big victory tonight. Louisville (my grad school) plays on Sunday against rival Kentucky on ESPN so I will get to watch both of my schools this weekend - which rarely happens since Texas schools take precedence on televised games around here.
2. This hasn't been a great running week for me. I've been getting my workouts in, but it's been a struggle. To put it simply, I just feel BLAH. I'm tired, achy and my stomach is wonky. I was outside last Thursday evening for a good 6 hours for a work event so I started to freak out that maybe I picked up West Nile Virus since cases have been on the rise in Austin. I'm sure I didn't since I'm well enough to go to work, but I hope I can get my pep back in my step by taking tomorrow off of running. I hate to do it, but I may have to take off Saturday as well if I am not feeling any better. Dan & I are racing a 10k in Bastrop on Sunday, and I'd like to put out a good effort so I can gauge where my fitness is right now.
3. The final episode ever of Teen Mom Season 1 was on Tuesday night, and I DVR'd it since it doesn't come on until 9 pm. Admittedly, I looked forward to coming home and watching it all day yesterday. Then I watched it last night and cried. Yes, cried. I am sure this admission makes you think much less of me. Go ahead and judge away.
I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry, I had to bet on Vandy... the home underdogs on these mid-week ESPN games scare the heck out of me; I've seen Mizzou be a victim before. Oh yeah, I guess you and I are mortal SEC East enemies now.... heh, not really feeling it. I only have wrath for Arkansas and even that is nothing like hating Kansas. *tear*
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I forgot Mizzou is now part of the SEC. The only SEC schools I really hate on are Kentucky & Georgia - the others I will root for unless they are playing the Cocks.
DeleteWhat is this Vandy winning blasphemy you speak of? Hogwash.
SC wins, Vandy covers, everyone goes home happy.
DeleteI hope you feel better. You know I was sick last week and I got a little worried about West Nile too! I hate to have to worry about that kind of thing! :(
ReplyDeleteI have never watched teen mom, but I get all wrapped up in those types of shows, so I think no less of you.
And hope you enjoy the football!
Thanks, Rain! I'm sure I just need some rest. I tend to be "go go go" until it overwhelms me.
DeleteI LOVE teen mom, love it! It's my one guilty reality tv pleasure! I haven't watched the last episode yet...
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you aren't feeling up to par, hopefully this weekend is good to you!
Let me know how you like the finale! I'm looking forward to the follow-up special next week :)
DeleteI watch Teen Mom, no judging here!
ReplyDeleteYes! Another Teen Mom fan!! :)
DeleteI hope you have a great weekend too! I know what you mean about feeling tired, I have been feeling that way all week. Even taking a rest day yesterday didn't shake the feeling. I've watched Teen Mom a couple of times- it hooks you in!
ReplyDeleteDo you ever read the Teen Mom recaps on this website? If not, you should. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.imbringingbloggingback.com/
Gamecocks scared me a little last night for sure Erin - never can be easy for us Carolina fans .... Connor Shaw is one tough S.O.B. for sure.
ReplyDeleteDon't sweat the mileage decrease this week Erin - your body probably needed it. Go out Sunday and rock the house - your legs should feel very, very strong and fast.
Happy Holiday to you and Dan!