I've never really kept track of my yearly miles or had a goal in mind for how many miles I wanted to run in a year. I do pay attention to my weekly mileage, but have never gone further to tally up monthly or yearly totals. However, a lot of people have been talking about yearly miles with the New Year approaching, and it made me curious. Since Daily Mile tallies mile totals for you, I decided to check it out (no way was I tallying those numbers on my own).
My total miles run in 2011 after this morning's run is 2,739.84. Thank you 50-mile training for boosting my numbers. Including biking and swimming in the mix, I've knocked out 3,826.87 miles.
I've still got about two weeks until the end of 2011, so I decided to see if I can get to 2,850 miles for the year. One, because I need a goal to keep off the holiday food that will continue to abound this week and next off my hips, and two, because 2,850 seems like a nice round number. If my math is correct (and it's probably not), that equals an average of roughly 9 miles a day, which shouldn't be a problem if I get in a long run this week and next.
Here's to 2850 miles in 2011 (or not)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Holy crap that's a lot of miles! I didn't join Daily Mile until February or March, so I don't have the whole year, but it's still nowhere close to that :)
ReplyDeleteWhat?!? You are a beast, woman! I never kept track of my miles until late 2010. Weekly, monthly, yearly...I do finally have a total for 2011. I am at 1,952.46. I never really had a goal to run any certain number of miles this year, but now...why not break 2,000, right?
ReplyDeleteI have 74.7 left...and you are planning on more than a 100 and I am calculating over and over how I am going to get 74.7 miles in 12 days. Your yearly mileage BLOWS ME AWAY...seriously...that is SO many miles! Something to be really proud of!
ReplyDeleteI guess if we get those long runs in on the weekends we should make it..and you have been doing those mid week 10 mile runs which will get you some good miles!
Here's to reaching our goals! (Hopefully) :)
Erin, that is some serious, serious mileage that you laid down in 2011. An amazingly healthy year full of training, racing and some memorable performances. Kudos to you and your dedication. Simply amazing.
ReplyDelete