January:
We head to Orlando for the Goofy Challenge. I win the Goofy Challenge with a 1:29:58 half marathon and a 3:13:32 marathon the next day.
We head to Orlando for the Goofy Challenge. I win the Goofy Challenge with a 1:29:58 half marathon and a 3:13:32 marathon the next day.
| Nothing says sexy like a Goofy Hat. |
Dan runs his first marathon in Orlando!
| Never again. Now, beer me. |
February:
We are humbled by the Austin Marathon in 2011 which was plagued by high winds and warm & humid temps. I finish 11th woman overall in 3:20:03.
We are humbled by the Austin Marathon in 2011 which was plagued by high winds and warm & humid temps. I finish 11th woman overall in 3:20:03.
| The best part about the Austin Marathon was the Salt Lick meal with friends afterwards! |
March:
I PR at the Capital 10,000 with a time of 40:52, good enough to earn myself an 'elite seed' at the race for 2012.
| Unique Award. I loves it. |
I'm once again humbled by the marathon at the Big D Marathon, which ended up being one of my hardest marathons ever. Marathon #14. 3:23:41, 2nd female, 14th overall.
| An April Marathon in TEXAS. Bad idea. |
May:
| We did a little bit of running and a lot of celebrating. There may have been some karaoke involved. |
My family comes to visit!!
| My annual trip to 6th Street. |
We head to Muenster, Texas for Dan's cousin's wedding.
June:
We head to San Diego for the Rock & Roll Marathon. I did not run well, but we had a damn good time.
![]() |
| Thank God I'm almost done. Can we go to the beach now? |
| Why do I keep signing up for race in the summer? September: We head to Virginia for my little brother's wedding! |
![]() |
| Yes, he's putting a dog collar on me. |
October:
| The sticker was not my prize. Nothing against the sticker. |
| 50 miles done, bitches. |
![]() |
| Hi Appalachian Trail. I have not missed you. |
December:
I become lazy and gain holiday weight and eat lots and don't turn down happy hours and think I'm gonna need to buy new pants soon. Thank goodness it's almost the New Year.
I become lazy and gain holiday weight and eat lots and don't turn down happy hours and think I'm gonna need to buy new pants soon. Thank goodness it's almost the New Year.
| This is my morning snack. |
![]() |
| I also hang out a lot with my favorite bassets. |
![]() |
| Sweeter than pie. |
So, farewell 2011. It's been fun and you've been good to me.









Umm...you did all that in a year? So totally impressive as usual. And...you won the Goofy Challenge but got nothing extra special? That seems crazy!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Abbi! Yeah, I was bummed about the way Disney handled the Goofy Challenge. I think my dad was more upset than I; he bought me the Goofy hat since I didn't win anything special :)
ReplyDeleteYou won the Goofy Challenge?!? Whoa!
ReplyDeleteJust let me say - You ROCK! This whole post is so inspiring. Really. I can't wait to see what you do in 2012!
Thank you, Jessica! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are officially my hero. What a year!
ReplyDeleteI hope your adorable dogs are feeling good again and you don't have to make any more vet trips!
Holy Smokes! What a year! Erin, you motivate the crap out of me! I was just reading your list of exploits out loud to my wife! Congrats on a great year! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you excel in 2012! Sorry for all the exclamation points, but damn woman!
ReplyDeleteWow! Awesome Erin! I love how all your moments are positive. Even when you admit you don't run well, you are so positive!
ReplyDeleteErin - to see all of that in one place brings back some incredible memories following your adventures this year. That is a "career" for a lot of runners - you make it look a helluva lot easier than I know that it is.
ReplyDeleteHere is to a great 2012 Erin for you, Dan, your family and the pups.
Going to be another amazing 12 months for you. On to Boston.
You really know how to make the most of a year! Congratulations on all your success in 2011, and here's to a great 2012! Happy New Year, Erin :)
ReplyDelete