Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Facts

Fact: I came home from work yesterday and my husband had put up the Christmas lights using duct tape. DUCT TAPE. And, he saw nothing wrong with this. Yes, I'm serious.
Welcome to Redneck Christmas

Duct Tape: Man's Best Friend
Fact: Since it's raining today, the duct tape has come loose and the lights are now falling off the house. Awesomeness.

Fact: The only Christmas shopping I've done is for my dogs. I actually buy them presents and wrap them. This is both weird and sad.

Fact: If you want your legs to feel like lead with bricks attached to them, then go run 50 miles. Also, do this if you want to catch a bad cold that you can't get rid of.

Fact: My JFK recovery is frustrating me. I've ALWAYS bounced back super quick from races (I was good to go 2 days after my Ironman and raced the next weekend), so I guess I expected the same after JFK. But, it's not the same. While I've been running, and it's keeping me sane, I don't have any pep in my step. Runs require more effort, and I tire easily. I took another complete rest day today. Legs come back to me!!

Fact: Weekend long runs are one of my favorite things. I love getting up early on a Saturday morning to go for a long run. It doesn't look like it's going to happen this weekend - 7-8 miles is about my limit right now - and that makes me sad.

 Fact: I'm going to a baby shower in San Antonio tomorrow. All my friends are having babies, and I just keep having dogs. 

 Fact: TGIF. First full work week in awhile = Tired Erin.

6 comments:

  1. That duct tape cracks me up! I guess it doesnt work in every application! Just his luck it rains today :(
    We plan on putting ours up this weekend.

    I am sad I can't long run tomorrow also! I am planning on about 5 or 6 depending on how I feel. But I feel like I am missing out for sure! Be lucky you actually have something to do tomorrow that will take your mind off it!

    It's kind of odd you aren't recovering fast....but maybe a good sign you need a little break from training so hard!

    I always thought I would just have dogs, no kids...but then I had a kid and things have really changed. Just enjoy this time and don't be in a hurry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The failing duct tape is pretty funny.

    I can't believe you were good to go 2 days after an Ironman, no wonder this recovery is really frustrating to you!

    It's nice to know there are others out there that feel the same way with kids. I never wanted them either but was getting sucked into the thought when everyone else around me was having them. It went away. I think visiting others is plenty for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, too funny. I read this to my wife and she said siimply, "I know the feeling." Hmm. Wonder what she's talking about? I dunno.

    As for the recovery, yeah, I know what you mean. It's a strange level of fatigue that is really unimaginable. I was down like a dog for two days and wasn't up for running at full speed for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I am not a runner. But I stumbled upon your blog through Rain's blog. I have so much respect for you hardcore lady runner. I like how you put it out there that you only ran 7-8 miles. I'm laughing because that for us mere mortals is practically impossible, and you super running woman can just whip it off, like la-de-da, I'm just doing a little bit of running....and 50 miles...whose a rockstar? Whose a rockstar! You da rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just "raced" yesterday and it was only 9 miles and my legs just felt sluggish and heavy. I feel like I can barely remember what it feels like to have "kick" in my legs. This recovery period is longer than I imagined, or it's just that I chose to ignore people who told me about it because I thought it wouldn't happen to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap, Erin. I almost fell out my chair reading this one. "Welcome to Redneck Christmas" - priceless.

    ReplyDelete