The month of December for me is about playing it by ear. I don't have any set plan when I wake up in the morning, I just run what I feel like running. I might only make it 20 miles one week, I might make it 60 another. I'm just trying to go with the flow. It's been a nice change so far.
Last week was week one of that plan. Turns out I like to run a lot. I ended up with 56 running miles, although I swear it was unintentional. The mileage came without doing anything super long, just several medium sized runs throughout the week. I did keep most of it at an easy pace. Even at run group on Tuesday/Thursday I made sure I stayed within my means.
Monday - 10.1 easy run in the morning. First double digit run since JFK and first run in several days. 2,050 yd swim at lunch. Pushed my hard on the swim; need to do more of that.
Tuesday - Run Group in the morning. Ran 10.12 miles; we did a mixed interval workout. Super excited about being back with run group peeps. Lunch - did a 30 min core workout. I was really sore the next day - been slacking with the core workouts.
Wednesday - 2,450 yd swim at lunch. 6.03 mile trail run with Dan after work.
Thursday - Run Group - 8.41 miles. Hills. In hindsight, hills probably weren't the best idea for me right now. Skipped lunch core workout.
Friday - Complete rest day.
Saturday - Meant to go to run group but slept in instead. Headed out around 8 am without a plan. Legs felt pretty heavy initially, but started to loosen up. Still, after 10 miles I was ready to be done. Ended up with 11.8 miles total.
Sunday - Again, headed out without a plan. Slept from 9:30 pm until 8 am, so I woke up feeling very rested. Left the house around 9 am and my legs felt really good for the first time since JFK. Ended up running 10.17.
Total running miles - 56.63; 2 swims, 1 core workout
I also got a lot of much needed sleep this weekend and kicked any remnants of the cold that had been following me around. I seriously slept from 9 pm Friday night until 7 am Saturday morning; then 9:30 pm Saturday night until 8 am Sunday morning. Last night I went to bed about 8:45 pm and slept until 5:45 am this morning. Dan's in Vegas so I could go to sleep super early without being made fun of (like it would have stopped me anyways).
On another note, I have to come back to work tonight for a 7:30 pm -9:30 pm meeting. I am tempted to wear my pajamas to said meeting to make it clear that I am usually getting ready for bed at this time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, I am impressed as always with your mileage! You werent even trying and you did a HECK of a lot of miles! Nice week! I am sure it feels good to get rid of the cold and to have your legs back!
ReplyDeleteI am all about going to bed early. Last night I went to bed late at 9:15!!
When my husband is out of town, I go to bed before 9pm too :)
ReplyDelete