Monday, April 12, 2010

Hello Monday

Today is Monday-- in case some of you did not know. My stomach hurts (hopefully just from something I ate and not a stomach bug) and everything I eat comes out the other end which is a whole lotta fun. not. sorry, too much info, I know. I did not sleep well because of this, and my husband snored like a freight train. Usually I send him into another room when this happens, but his dad is currently occupying the guest room so I just elbowed in the ribs until he stopped.
Luckily, Mondays are always really light training days for me, so I can take my said grumpiness straight home at 5 pm.

I had a good weekend of training this weekend, which mentally I needed. Rode 61 (hilly and windy) miles on Saturday, followed by a 30 min run. The group I rode with what out of my league and put me out of my comfort zone, and so I had to work my butt off to keep up with them. As much as I hated it at the time, I know it was good for me.

Sunday was the Capitol 10,000 (10K), which is a huge race in downtown Austin (20,000+ runners) that Dan and I run every year. I wasn't sure how I was going to do in this race after Saturday's ride. I woke up with some soreness, lathered myself in bengay (Dan hated me for that) and we headed to the race. I found my coach friend, Shawn, and lined up with him. We ran together the entire race (he got me by 4 seconds at the end, dang it), but I knew if I could keep him in sight I would be on track for a good race. Last year, I ran the race in 45:17...this year I crossed the finish line in 42:04. I was very, very happy with my run. Although my legs never felt like they loosed up, I was fine cardiovasicully and just tried to hold a steady pace. I beat Dan by ten minutes (but love you), which he blames on the car key I made him carry.

Sunday, I have my first 100 ride, which I will be doing in San Antonio. 100 miles on the bike. Oh my god. I am starting to mentally prepare myself now...ahhhhhhhh.

Also - I am incredibly grateful for all of my friends and family. I wish that I had twice as many hours in the day so that I could talk to everyone and keep them filled in. I think about you on the trainer, in the pool and on my runs. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment