Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March is Over + 28 things

Big training week last week.

swim> 10,500 yards
bike> 87 miles
run> 60 miles

No wonder I'm tired.

and now, in honor of being 82 (!) days out from IM C'ouer D'Alene, here are 28 thoughts (pretty sure I'd lose your attention if I listed 82 things. You're welcome):

1. Run group this morning: 9 miles with a speed workout of 800 repeats. Couldn't wake up this morning and felt like cutting it short, but I am the most stubborn person on earth so I got through it.
2. Still have a swim and bike workout left to do today.
3. Still not comfortable changing flats. crap.
4. Need to buy compression socks.
5. My house needs to be cleaned. Will save this for Ironman taper madness so I have something to do.
6.Had my first Ironman dream last night. In my dream, they decided not to allow wetsuits for the swim. Let's hope this doesn't become reality (we all know how much I love swimming in cold water).
7. Getting REALLY REALLY excited.
8. Riding my first "century ride" (100 miles) next Sunday at the Fiesta Wildflower ride in San Antonio.
9. I wonder how much money I've spent on Ironman related things over the past few months. I'd prefer not to tally it up...
10. No injuries and that is always good.
11. Excited and extremely grateful that my parents, brother and his girlfriend (who hasn't even met me) will be making the trip to cheer me on in C'oeur D'Alene.
12. Rode 57 miles on Saturday and ran 11 all by myself and actually didn't mind it.
13. Have eaten more food in the last few months than I have in my life...
14. Dan's dad is going to come stay with my furbabies (dogs) while we're gone. Phew.
15. Currently should be working.
16. Need to figure out how to get my Ironman Timex watch to beep every 12 minutes.
17. Headed to Galveston at the end of April for a half-ironman. Going with Karen sans husbands. Will be a nice girls trip. It seems crazy to me that I once couldn't fathom a half-ironman, but now not worried at all about completing the distance (it will be my fourth. nuts).
18. Signed Dan & I up for the Couples triathlon in July. We're team Flash & Lulu.
19. Going to start riding on Wednesday evenings with a group out of Cedar Park. Need to be on my bike at least 3x per week at the minimum.
20. Need to buy new running shoes again.
21. Confirmed our condo, my bike transportation and air fare for C'ouer D'Alene. weehoooo!
22. Still on the fence about an mDot tat.
23. Not on the fence about the mDot gear I will be purchasing after the Ironman. I already told the hubs we need to start saving up.
24. Holy eff I'm really going to do an Ironman.
25. I wonder if I going to miss this process when it's over.
26. All of the swimming and running has really improved my running. Too bad it doesn't work both ways.
27. what will I do with all of my free time after the race?
28. EIGHTY! TWO! DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment