Dear Mother Nature,
I am going to go ahead and get right to the point here because I know you are super busy with all kinds of significant natural phenomena, and I have some work to do. Clearly, we are pretty much equally pressed for time. So here goes:
Are you going to be sending us some summer weather this year, or what?
I mean, earlier in the week was NICE and all...but the weather report said it is going to be stormy and rainy for the foreseeable future. And by foreseeable future, I mean the weekend. And if I might direct your attention to the calendar hanging in my kitchen, it is almost MAY. This usually means warmth, sun, and short sleeves! What you are giving us is rain, flooding, and rain boots. And frankly, I think it is CRAP.
I really don't mean to complain. And I don't mean to be unappreciative of the pretty rainbows and whatnot. But I have an 100 mile bike ride to do Sunday, and an open water swim to do tomorrow, and I think it is time for you to stop Twittering or Facebooking or whatever it is you are so preoccupied with, and get me some SUN already. Would you want to ride 100 miles in the pouring rain? I didn't think so.
Take some pride in your work, woman!
Tired of my Damn Umbrella,
Erin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Erin, I am so with you, but my hope is that she's vacationing in CDA, shining down on that lake so that by June 27 the water doesn't have little chunks of ice floating in it. But yes, a woman like her should be able to take care of all of us, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteGood point - I'm definitely hoping that the sun is GLARING down on the lake so that it warms up a little...I'm still in denial about how cold it is going to be in that water. Happy training!
ReplyDelete