For a rest week, I'm definitely not getting much rest. My training volume is low this week because of the half-ironman on Sunday, but I feel like I've been going nonstop. This is partly due to Dan being out of town, so I have full-time dog duty (yes, perhaps if we did not treat our dogs like humans, this would not be such a stressful task). I'm not complaining, it's just interesting to feel so busy on a light week. I always feel like I need more hours in the day.
I think I am going to take tomorrow off of work to catch up on some must-do's before I leave for Galveston on Saturday. I'm trying to be very careful with my vacation since I'll be taking five days off for C'ouer D'Alene, but I have to work most of the day next Saturday, so it will all even out and I can use that comp time to make up for being off tomorrow. I have a hole in my wetsuit that I need to get patched before Sunday. Which means going all the way downtown to get this taken care of. I need to somewhat clean our disaster of the house before Dan's dad gets here Saturday to stay with the dogs. I need to return library books that are way overdue. I need to pack. I need to do laundry. Go to the grocery store. All the little things that I haven't seemed to get done this week.
I think I'll try to sleep in a little (until like 7 am) tomorrow (yeah right, the dogs will wake me up at 5:30 am at the latest), hop on my bike for an hour or so, hit the pool for one last swim, then start attacking my to-do list. That's the plan anyways. I love that I always end up using vacation time to a) workout and b) take care of chores/run errands. Please note the sarcasm in that last statement.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment