Thursday, April 15, 2010

Three Things Thursday

  1. Training is going well this week. I'm 73 days out from race day. And, I've decided to really enjoy every minute of it! Enjoy the 6 hour bike rides, the early morning swims, the trainer sessions, the long runs, the short runs I squeeze in before work or at lunch, the swims I finish as the lifeguard closes the pool, the runs in the rain/ heat/ cold, the endless trips to the bike shop to pick up body glide/ GU/ CO2 carts/ tubes. The Ironman journey really is unique, and as much as I complain, I know I'll miss it once it's over.

  2. I am really appreciative/honored/humbled by all the support, praise, and encouragement I've received from my running group friends and Daily Mile friends (many of whom I've never even met). It has been amazing. Thanks again for all of the love and support as I find my way through this journey. Just. Thanks.

  3. I've been asked this question several times lately: "What's next?" "Will you do another Ironman?" To be honest, I do not know. Since the Ironman experience is still an "unknown" to me, it's hard to say. Knowing myself, probably. But, not in 2011. After the Ironman, I will finish out my summer with shorter triathlons - sprint and Olympics - then turn my focus back over to primarily running in 2011. I will focus on the Goofy Challenge (half marathon + marathon) in January 2011, and then the Boston Marathon again in April 2011. I'm also thinking about doing an ultra marathon - maybe the JFK 50-miler since it would take me back "home" to race. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment