Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

  • I came into work today feeling great. Just finished a hard workout, ate a nice breakfast, walked my dogs - feeling awesome. Decided to continue my good mood by playing some pump-you-up lets-start-the-workday rap music. Eminem, to be specific. Apparently, not everyone appreciates Slim Shady, nor do they care to wake up to his lyrics at 8 am. Oops.

  • We did 50 push ups at run group. My arms hurt. Ouch.

  • I swam a hard workout at lunch. Now, my arms really hurt.

  • Had a good ride last night - 30 miles in Cedar Park with friends. These are friends that I met on the internet. Dan think I am weird, and it is creepy that I make friends on the internet. I told him he needs all of the friends he can get, so he should try it. Let me clarify though about my internet friends: I met them on Daily Mile, which is a site like Facebook for runners, cyclists and triathletes. Also, most of my new friends are actually "friends of friends."

  • My coach/friend is making me ride with him on Saturday. 60 hilly miles. He is (way) faster than me, and I know I am going to have to work my butt off to hang with him on the ride. He says I need to get out of my comfort zone. This is true. I still don't want to do it. But, I am going to put my big girl panties on and do my best.

  • Sunday Dan and I are running in the Capitol 10K in Austin. One of my favorite races!

  • No more workouts today, and tonight I have a dinner date with Dan. Can't wait!

  • I think my sweet Miss Lulu is taking after her momma and is going to be a runner. She has become quite a speedy runner on our walks (which turn into runs). I may start taking her out for short runs with me and see how she handles it. It must be the bloodhound in her, because Flash (pure basset) is slow as a turtle.

  • I was looking at my calendar and I have ZERO free weekends until July. And even then, I only have 2 free weekends. I'm either racing/organized bike ride or swim/working. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment