Another Friday is here, and my last big weekend of training is upon me. I have an 80 mile ride tomorrow, followed by a 12 mile run, which could prove to be mentally challenging as it will be HOT by the time I start my run. I'll finish up the weekend with my last long run on Sunday, and a big open water swim.
I'm actually really excited about tomorrow's ride (did I really just say I'm excited to ride 80 miles!?). One of the guys I ride with on Wednesday evenings, invited to ride with his group out of Cedar Park. They have the route all mapped out, so all I need to do is show up and ride! It will be nice to ride a new route and meet new people. It will be another long Saturday of training, but I won't be out there alone.
This morning I received the most wonderful surprise in the mail; lots of really cool Ironman postcards with well wishes from family friends, relatives, neighbors. etc. It meant so much (thanks mom!), and the postcards will be traveling with me to C'ouer D'Alene to read one last time before race day.
As I'm getting closer to race day, I've been looking for the words to sum up this experience to date. Something that sums up this journey of self discovery. The gigantic leap that I took to change my life, to prove to myself that I was more than I ever thought I was, to realize that I had more courage than I ever thought, to learn who I am and put myself to the ultimate test. As cliche as it sounds the one word that always comes to mind is simple: believe. It's what I will be saying to myself on race day as times get tough during the race. Simply believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment