With one week until I head West to C'ouer D'Alene, I have a serious inability to focus on anything not Ironman related. Worthless is probably a very fitting word for me right now. Every conversation I have with someone triggers something Ironman related to go off in my head, therefore causing me to lose any sort of focus I need to have in normal life.
Case in point. These are work conversations I've had today.
Co-worker: XXX is out sick today. Can you cover the front desk at 1 pm so I can go to lunch?
Me: Sure. (while thinking...1 pm. I need to check and see what time zone C'ouer D'Alene is in. Are they Mountain West? Pacific? Must do this right now. FYI - they are Pacific.)
Co-worker: Can you update the pool hours on the website? We've changed them.
Me: Sure (while thinking...I need to add extra swim cap and an extra pair of goggles to my packing list. Must do this right now.)
Co-worker: (enters my office with Starbucks coffee in hand) You know you're addicted to Starbucks when you come in, they know you're name, and someone has left a gift card for you.
Me: Haha (while thinking...of yeah, someone told me to bring my own coffee to Idaho because they have weird coffee over there. Who told me this? I can't remember. Must add coffee to packing list. Must do this right now.)
Then, after I take care of these very important Ironman related things, I can't remember what the heck I was even working on in the first place.
I fear I'm going crazy. Please help. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment