...9 days away...
and, I think the nerves have set in! I've had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach the past few days. Anxious. Jumpy. Overwhelmed. Mind constantly running. Inability to focus. Deep in thought. Sounds like I need some adderall, huh?
I keep reminding myself to take deep breaths. This weekend I have my last rides - short 40-45 miles on Saturday + 30 min easy run, then Sunday the Lake Pflugerville Sprint Triathlon. It's a super short triathlon, which will be good practice for me to go through the motions one last time in a race atmosphere. Then I will say bye bye to my bike Sunday afternoon as it will make it's way to C'ouer D'Alene.
I hate to wish time away because this experience has been so special that I don't want it to be over quite yet...but I will feel better once my plane has landed in Spokane, I arrive to Idaho, I'm checked in, bike picked up and ready to go, Special Needs Bags packed, practice swims have been done...and the only thing left to be done is soak up the Ironman experience and RACE!
A few of my favorite quotes to calm my nerves...
"Anything is Possible" -Ironman Motto
"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
"That which does not destroy me makes me stronger"
"Swim 2.4 miles, Bike 112 miles, Run 26.2 miles...brag for the rest of your life."
"I have met my hero, and he is me."
"You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face."
And, my personal favorite:
"If you can't fly, then run.
If you can't run, then walk.
If you can't walk, then crawl.
But whatever you do, keep moving." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment