Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hunger

I am starting to feel the hunger. The urge to race, to make my withdrawal from the Bank of Ironman, to get it on…

*excuse me, you, yes, you right there with the food in hand while sitting at the computer – are you gonna eat that?*


Um, yes, I’m feeling that kind of hunger these days too. Last week, there was a day where I had one dinner before my evening ride and another after I got home. When I got up to pee at 3am (well-hydrated machine, I am) I thought about food and if it was too early to eat something. Today I bought 2 lunches. You know, just in case I get hungry…oh, like 20 minutes after I eat the first one.

It happens.


For some reason there always seem to be two open boxes of nuts in our house right now. Apparently if I have the box of nuts, Dan fears what will happen if he takes them from me and just opens a new box instead.

I’m not that scary when hungry, am I?

*crickets*


Well, I did yell at Dan last night for drinking the last of the Gatorades and insist he drive me to Sonic to get a Diet Sprite. (thank you!!)

Yeah. So. Anyway…It will be interesting to see how my body adapts to not training like crazy and eating normally when this crazy business is over. I think after a few weeks of replenishing the supplies drained by IM, it might settle down. maybe.

no blogging for me the next few days as I will be in San Marcos for work. Have a great week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment