I really never thought race week would come. But it has. We leave on Wednesday, and I still have so much to do. I said farewell to my bike yesterday, and it's on its way to C'ouer D'Alene as we speak. We will reunite on Thursday!
My last training weekend went well. Saturday, I headed out to Cedar Park and rode solo (well, kind of. There were a ton of people out there). I got in 45 miles at a steady pace, followed by an easy 30 min run off the bike. I missed my usual Saturday morning company on the bike, but the time alone on the bike was perfect for me to start mentally preparing myself.
Yesterday, was the Lake Pflugerville Triathlon which I used as a "dress rehearsal" for next week. One final run through. Except that I will be doing like 10x the distance next Sunday. Anyway, this is the third year I have competed in this particular triathlon, and I was anxious to see how my times compared. I was very so excited with my overall improvement from last year, and also improvement in each of the three disciplines.
2008: 1:25:39
2009: 1:23:54
2010: 1:17:04 (500m swim: 11:08; 14 mi bike: 43:17/19.4 mph; 3 mi run: 19:24/6:28 pace)
Not only was it exciting to improve, it was awesome to see so many friends out there racing, volunteering and cheer leading! This is one of my favorite races every year - not only is it close to home, but extremely well-organized and all around a great race!
I have some light workouts this week to keep the pep in my legs, but mostly I will focus on rest, as well as nutrition.
I will have my lap top with me in Idaho so I will try to do update this blog. On race day you can track me on ironman.com if you’d like to check in. I’m estimating about 14 hours if conditions are favorable, nutrition goes well and … well, if everything goes well. But really, it doesn’t matter when I cross that finish line. It’s going to be an amazing journey. I’ve worked hard to be able to make it.

No comments:
Post a Comment