Dear Dan,
Congratulations! You have successfully put up with me for four years of marriage. And believe me, I know that is not an easy feat. I know I am not always the easiest to put up with and sometimes I let my prima donna come out (like last night when our AC went out and I was determined it was the end of the world and we would all melt in our sleep) . I know I am not perfect and yet you love me still. I love you not only for who you are but for who you help me to be.
It is hard to believe that 4 years have flown by, and yet, it is also hard to imagine life without you. Like all marriages we have challenges and blessings, but most importantly we have been there for each other. You are not just a “husband”, you are also my best friend, life partner, and my support.
Anniversaries are a time to remember where you have come from and where you are going. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us. And as I remember this special day, I wanted to share a picture with you:
Remember this?

Much Love, Erin
*******************
*******************
Today didn't get off to the best start. A little bit of background: it's hot like WOAH in Texas. 106 pretty much every day this week. I get very hot and break a (large) sweat very easily. We keep our house on 72 during the day and crank the AC down to 69 to sleep at night. Overnight guests always comment on how cold we keep our house, but I can't have it any other way. It has to be cold when I sleep; otherwise, I won't sleep. I was the kid who slept with my windows open in the dead of winter growing up, hoping my dad wouldn't find out and yell at me for wasting energy and letting the warm air out of the house. Perhaps Antartica would be a better place for me to live, I don't know.
Anyway - our AC crapped out last night. And by crap out I mean not functioning at all. It was 86 degrees in my house, and despite our frantic google search to try to figure out how to fix it ourselves, we were unsuccessful. Shit. It was too late to call the AC repair guy and too late to drag ourselves and two hound dogs to a hotel. We found one box fan, plugged it in....and, nothing. It wouldn't work. So, needless to say, neither of us got much sleep. I woke up several times last night in a hot sweat.
Since we weren't sleeping anyway, we decided to get up and go to run group. I always warm-up from home to meet the group. Half delirious this morning, I guess I wasn't picking my feet up and tripped and face planted during the warm-up, producing another nice battle wound on my knee. The rest of the workout didn't go much better. But, I got done what I could (which is really the theme of my week with work and the heat). Now, to wait for our savior, the AC repairman, who will hopefully tell us he can fix our AC today at a reasonable price (that's not too much to ask for, right?)
Needless to say, I was a pretty grumpy bitch last night and this morning with everything going on. Still, these arrived for me at work, Yeah, I think he's a keeper.

Anyway - our AC crapped out last night. And by crap out I mean not functioning at all. It was 86 degrees in my house, and despite our frantic google search to try to figure out how to fix it ourselves, we were unsuccessful. Shit. It was too late to call the AC repair guy and too late to drag ourselves and two hound dogs to a hotel. We found one box fan, plugged it in....and, nothing. It wouldn't work. So, needless to say, neither of us got much sleep. I woke up several times last night in a hot sweat.
Since we weren't sleeping anyway, we decided to get up and go to run group. I always warm-up from home to meet the group. Half delirious this morning, I guess I wasn't picking my feet up and tripped and face planted during the warm-up, producing another nice battle wound on my knee. The rest of the workout didn't go much better. But, I got done what I could (which is really the theme of my week with work and the heat). Now, to wait for our savior, the AC repairman, who will hopefully tell us he can fix our AC today at a reasonable price (that's not too much to ask for, right?)
Needless to say, I was a pretty grumpy bitch last night and this morning with everything going on. Still, these arrived for me at work, Yeah, I think he's a keeper.

Gosh sorry about your run this morning...I hate when it is hot at night. I can't believe you even made it out to the running group! Good for you! Happy Anniversary and I hope they can fix your AC! Bad time for it to go out!
ReplyDeleteSorry about your a/c! That stinks! On a brighter note, happy 4 year anniversary! New follower. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! It ended up being a great day! We got our AC repaired and it was only $138 :), woohoo!
ReplyDelete