Friday, August 26, 2011

Lots of Running Ahead...

TGIF. For real.

So, I had planned to do my long runs for the weekend Friday before work and Saturday morning, so that I would have Sunday free to sleep in or cycle if I got so inspired. But, I’m re-arranging my schedule. Again. Clearly my plan for the week every week is more like a rough guideline that I cannot be expected to follow. At all. I was flat out exhausted yesterday, my legs felt like dead weight and I was having some hip pain, in which I knew that my long run wasn't going to happen this morning. I needed rest instead. So rest it is.

My 50-miler training schedule calls for a 3.5-4 hour run on Saturday, and a 3 hour run on Sunday. I like to run, but that is a whole lot of running. And, early morning running to *try* to beat the heat (really not possible). I will drag my butt out of bed tomorrow morning at 4:30 am and remember the mornings when I used to come in at 4:30 am (sometimes I miss college). How times have changed.

On the bright side, I will not feel guilty about going to Baskin Robbins tonight for the third time this week since I'll certainly be running it off this weekend.

Wish me luck and send me good vibes...

No comments:

Post a Comment