This weekend I'm headed 3 hours North to Dallas to run in the Hottest Half with 1500+ other crazy people who think it's a good idea to run 13.1 miles in over 100 degree temps. I think the race will definitely live up to its name, as it's been over 100 degrees every day for weeks. I'm looking forward to racing in a venue other than Austin and against different people. I'm also looking forward to the fact that my hotel is only a mile away from a Lululemon store, a large 2 story Dick's Sporting Good store (another fav place of mine to shop) and a Whole Foods. It will pretty much be a miracle if I get out of Dallas without spending any money. :)
I haven't thought a whole lot about my goals for this race. I'm shortening my normal bike/run tomorrow morning to leave my legs a little fresher for Sunday, but didn't want to skip it entirely. I've been training in the heat, but with a 7:30 am race start, it will start to get pretty darn hot about 6 miles in. The course appears to be pretty flat, so I *think* I should be able to run a 1:32-1:33 race, putting me right at 7:05-7:10 minute miles. I would imagine the competition is pretty tough at this race, but I would love to place in my age group. We'll see what the day brings!
If you're going to be at Hottest Half, please say hello if you see me! I'll be wearing blue shorts and a black Mizuno sports top!
Hope everyone has a great weekend...I rented 'Soul Surfer' and am looking forward to curling up on the couch tonight and doing absolutely nothing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck in your race! Sounds like you a have a great goal! You will have to tell me how to Lululemon store goes :)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck E.R. and hope you set a new PR this Sunday. I cannot wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck Erin! Run smart and kill it! Given your training, I think your goal pace is well within reach, just watch the heat!
ReplyDeleteIndeed, there is just a small hill before the turnaround and that's it. If you reach that goal you'll get an AG award for sure. Good luck! I'll be the guy in the white singlet with the red & black stripes, just hoping to break 1:40.
ReplyDelete