Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm Apologizing in Advance...

...if I'm a complete b*^ch this week. I am not running AT ALL this week (fingers crossed it's just a week) so that my aches and pains can heal. I've done a number on my hip/entire left leg, and trying to run through it would be idiotic and only prolong my recovery. Soooooo, I'm taking my longest break from running in ....oh....5 years?....and resting.

So, I imagine I'm going to be a little grumpy this week. See, running provides so many benefits for me - one of them is keeping my sane and helps me to relieve stress. And, unfortunately, I have a very stressful few weeks of work ahead. Work stress + no running = bitchy Erin. Sorry, Dan (and friends and co-workers and random strangers who come across my path).

I'm doing my best to keep a positive attitude and remember this too shall pass. And, I can swim. While it doesn't provide the same "high" as running, it's something. So, I'm thankful for that.

How do you relieve stress other than running? Any ideas for me? Ones that don't include eating lots of ice cream....


A big thank you to everyone for their kind words on my DNF post. They were very much appreciated and the bright spot in an otherwise dark day.

6 comments:

  1. I did yoga this morning, it helped to break a sweat and feel a little sore after. Plus it stretched my calves and hip.

    I also will be drinking alcohol more than usual.(Ice cream sounds good though!)

    I keep asking myself what the heck I am going to do saturday morning!?

    I hope work turns out to be not as stressful as you think...that way this week will be a little easier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second the yoga suggestion! Let your instructor know about your injury beforehand, though - s/he will keep an eye on you to give you alternate ways to do your poses.

      I hope your rest goes by quickly with minimal collateral damage!

      Delete