I survived week one of cross training; one week down, one to go. While I wasn't able to exercise with my first choice of activities - running - I was able to get my sweat on other ways, and for that I am thankful. My week involved 16,500 yards of swimming, a Pilates class, two core workouts, an a spin workout on my bike trainer.
My week of workouts...
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: (Lunch) 1900 yd swim
Wednesday: (AM) 3,500 yd swim; (Lunch) Pilates; (PM) Core workout. I've been doing the McMillan core workouts that are specifically designed for runners. It's a 3-disc DVD series with different workouts and levels on each DVD; I really like it.
Thursday: (AM) 3,400 yd swim: (Lunch) 1800 yd swim. My first ever 'double' swim day.
Friday: (Lunch) 2,600 yd swim
Saturday: 5,100 yd swim. This was my longest swim to date. I did 5x1000 with about 1 minute rest between sets. 100 kick cool down. It got boring...I got sick of seeing that little black line over and over again.
Sunday: My arms needed a break from swimming. The doctor said I could add cycling in as long as it didn't hurt and I stayed out of aero position. So, I loaded my bike on the trainer in the garage and got to work with a 50 minute spinning workout (Spinervals Sweating Buckets DVD). It felt good to actually SWEAT. I followed up the spin workout with another one of McMillan's core workouts.
One more week of no running. This week I'll incorporate some spin classes into the mix and continue with my swimming.
Happy training everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are the most active injured person ever. :)
ReplyDeleteIt goes fast, huh? Keep up the good work Erin.
ReplyDelete