Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week in Review

First week post-holidays down. To be honest, it was meh. I am carrying around some holiday weight and it makes me feel like a pile of poo. I did better this week eating for the most part, but we still had our fair share of indulgences- HI Thursday night trip to Uptown Social for fried pickles, beer and a an entire pizza for myself and HELLO again Gloria's for Sunday brunch of delicious El Salvadorian food, bottomless mimosas and dessert. Oh well. I have come to the conclusion that I am never going to be the girl who is super concerned about eating clean, calories,trans fat and indulgences and how they may or may not affect my running  - I spent too much time in my 20's doing that. Time to live and let live.

Last week in review: 54.03 running miles; 3 swims, 2.5 core workouts
Monday: 5.5 mile easy recovery run @8:01 pace

Tuesday:
Back to work and a normal schedule. (AM) 10.68 miles @ run group. We did mile repeats with 400m recovery. I wasn't thrilled with my mile splits. I felt like I was running faster than I actually was, which sucks, by the way. The core workout w/recoveries was 5 miles in 35:40. Mile splits were 6:51, 6:45, 6:32 and 6:42.
(Lunch) Back in the pool after a 2 week  hiatus with a 2,200 yd swim.
(PM) McMillan Core Workout. I bought McMillan's Core DVDs with a gift card. They are short (15 min workout) but tough. Level 1 had me quivering and whining like a baby.

Wednesday: (AM) 8.64 mile hilly recovery run @8:12 avg pace. Finished with planks and push ups. (Lunch) Back in the pool for 2,200 yd swim; (PM) My first Yoga Class!

Thursday: (AM) Run Group - We did a fun multi-venue workout this morning which consisted of a 2K repeat, 3x800',s and hill repeats, good for 8.64 miles. Again, I was a bit discouraged with my speed work. I feel like I'm carrying extra weight (which I am, dammit) and it's making me slower. (Lunch) McMillan Core workout + portions of Jillian Michael's Core Workout. I was so sore on Friday.

Friday: (Lunch) 5.2 miles @7:57 pace.


Saturday: 15.22 miles. 2.21 miles wu @8:30 pace, 13.01 miles @ 7:47  pace. 2,000 yd swim post-run.

Sunday: XT. 30 min Elliptical at Southwestern.

Short work week ahead...Phoeninx bound Friday...my first Pilates class tomorrow...good times!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the eating crap thing, it just doesn't seem worth making myself miserable about what I eat! Also, I know people who eat super clean and I beat them at races, haha. If I had some set in stone guarantee that if I ate well that I would take a significant amount of time off my runs, then MAYBE I'd try it. Maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the eating thing...we run and as long as we eat with somewhat moderation I think we are ok....but ya the holidays were hard this year and I feel the extra weight too...which sucks because I hate feeling it!

    Nice mileage for the week!

    I want to hear how your pilates class goes!

    ReplyDelete