Friday, January 27, 2012

Why it's a GOOD Friday

  • Because it's simply Friday. Work is insanely busy for me right now, and I am looking forward to not thinking about work at all this weekend (we'll see if that actually happens).

  • I finally got the 60 page bitch, otherwise known as our Spring/Summer brochure, off my damn desk and to the printer. This has been like a 2 month work in progress. Unfortunately, I have another one, though not as big, to begin in about a week.

  • We're hosting Game Night at our house on Saturday. I love games. Dan hates games and will never play with me. Unless I invite people over to the house and force him too. We're playing Sour Apples to Apples. Anyone ever played that?

  • I have about 500 people signed up for the 5k I am in charge of on Saturday, Feb 4 (Cupid's Chase 5k for those local who want to sign up!!). The weather is looking nice for race day, so we should get a lot of people who sign up race day and will likely get close to 600 runners. This is big for a small town 5k. I work my ass off planning this race and trying to make it a good one. Before I took over this race, we averaged about 175 runners. Who else thinks I deserve a big raise for more than doubling participation in the last few years? :)

  • AND, the best Friday news of all: I can run again, starting on Sunday! Halle-frickin-luyah. And, just FYI to everyone (including myself) who didn't think I could make it 2 weeks without running, I did not run ONE STEP over the last 2 weeks. Gold star for me.

    HAPPY WEEKEND!

6 comments:

  1. I love games too! And Sean rarely plays with me. I am looking forward to it!

    I am really impressed with Cupids Chase. I told you I saw the ad for it more than once, I think you did a great job...and wouldn't a raise be nice!?

    Have a great friday and see you tomorrow!

    And I am so happy you get to run again on Sunday! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on not running, Erin. I'm so proud of you!

    500 is a lot of runners! You do deserve a raise! Race directing would be my dream job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on not running for 2 weeks, I know it had to have been hard!
    I am really excited for the race!

    - Allison ( from Daily Mile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job on the not running. I'm not going to sugarcoat it when I say that I didn't expect you to stick to the 2 weeks thing. :)

    That is a huge 5K! Our "big" 5K here is like 100 people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone sent this to me and I thought you'd like it. Do you ever argue with yourself?

    http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8279147/ultra-runner-vs-iron-man

    ReplyDelete