Sunday, September 9, 2012

Baltimore Marathon Training: Week 10

So, week 10. I hit my workouts for the week (for the most part ). I got it done. I made it through my last *big week* of this marathon training cycle. But, to be honest, I am still suffering from some marathon training burnout. I'm getting done what I need to, but to be honest, I have not been the most enthusiastic about my workouts! There's been some pouting. And bad nutritional choices. And moments of doubt. This week is a recovery week, plus a much needed cold front has arrived, so hopefully that will put some pep back in my step!
But - last week:
Monday: (Holiday) 1:00 hr core, 1500m long course swim

Tuesday: (AM) Run Group - 10.23 miles.
Legs are still a little heavy legged from this weekend but they cooperated for the most part. Today's workout was 2x1600 @ tempo pace, 2-6 hill repeats (200m), then another 2x1600 @ tempo pace. The goal was to try and hold pace on the second set of tempo miles after running hills.
-3.71 mile warm-up @8:40 pace
-1st set tempo miles: 6:54, 6:44
-4 x hill repeats: 1.43 miles/7:54 avg
-2nd set tempo miles: 6:55, 6:56
-1.09 mile cool down @8:56 pace
(Lunch)  2100 yd swim

Wednesday: (AM) 15 miles @8:34 pace. (Lunch): 2200 yd swim

Thursday: (AM) 11.23 miles
Today's track workout was 4-10 x 800m @5k pace with a 400m float @marathon goal pace after each one. This workout was too challenging for my legs today! I would like to try it again on fresher legs...maybe after a non-running day. I was over ambitious in thinking I could run the 800's in 3:06 (6:14 pace) and the recoveries in 1:48 (7:15 pace). Not happening.
-4.11 mile warm-up @8:30 pace
-8x800's with 400m float/6 miles/41:58/7:00 overall pace.
800's ranged from 6:09 pace - 6:32 pace and recovery floats ranged from 7:27 pace - 8:53 pace (oops).
1. 3:10/1:51
2. 3:10/1:58
3. 3:04/1:59
4. 3:14/2:07
5. 3:06/2:13
6. 3:16/2:02
7. 3:15/2:12
8. 3:15/1:57
-1.16 mile cool down @ 8:47 pace
 (Lunch): 2350 yd swim

Friday: (AM) Easy 5 mile run; (Lunch): 2500 yd swim

Saturday:  18 mile run @7:50 pace.
Windy day for a long run. Glad to have company - thanks Rain & Mick! My goal was to run the first half relaxed then run the last 5 miles hard so I could practice finishing strong.
1st 9 miles: 8:12, 8:07, 8:12, 8:10, 8:13, 7:58, 7:47, 8:00, 7:58
2nd 9 miles: 7:44, 7:47, 7:50, 7:40, 7:25, 7:30, 7:25, 7:46, 7:10
(Afternoon):  2400 yd swim

Sunday:  13.7 mile run @8:20 pace
Total Miles: 73.2 miles running; 6 x swims



1 comment:

  1. I was laughing to myself this morning because you did more miles this weekend, than I do in a week! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete