![]() |
| This morning's run |
1-8:30
2-8:24
3- 8:22
4-8:07
5-8:09
6-8:16
7-8:11
8-8:15
9-8:07
10-8:02
11-8:19
12-7:59
13-7:54
14-7:56
15-7:43
16-7:44
17-7:30
I think the most encouraging thing about this run for me was that I ran at a comfortable pace throughout and the further I got into the run, the quicker I was ticking off the miles. I finished this run feeling like I could have run further and faster. So, I don't have doubt that I can complete the marathon in two weeks, the big question mark for me is how fast? I am hoping in cooler temps (still hot and humid as heck here), my family there cheering me on, and the excitement of a race environment, that I can come close to 3:10. I just need to spend the next two weeks convincing myself that this number is attainable. I have to go into this race with a strong mental game or my ship will be sunk before I reach the start line.
Of course, this all will depend on how my body cooperates. Even though today's run was great, I don't want to get my hopes up...as I've learned dealing with leg issues is that you never know what each workout will bring. I can only hope for the best.
I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes said by no other than Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh (I know you all are probably rolling your eyes here, but it's a good quote!):
Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.


I love that quote! And I'm glad you had a good run today and that things are looking better!
ReplyDeleteNice negative splits!
ReplyDeleteWe aren't running that fast tomorrow ok? :)
I need you to keep me in check tomorrow because I don't need to get ahead of myself. Tomorrow = easy run. Check.
DeleteThat is an awesome run!!! :) Meredith
ReplyDeleteThanks, Meredith! I hope it's not a fluke. My hips like to play tricks on me sometimes :)
DeleteWow, what an incredible run! I hope the weather cooperates (like last year!) and helps you get that sweet PR you deserve. :)
ReplyDelete