Monday, November 7, 2011

.2

As I was working obessesing about JFK, I came across a fact unknown to me: the JFK 50-miler is actually 50.2 miles in distance. Really??? We are going to run 50 miles and then have to tack on an extra .2 for shits and giggles?

I know how much I hate the .2 at the end of the marathon, I can't imagine how much I will enjoy it at the end of 50 miles. Le sigh.

3 comments:

  1. What?!?! That's it. I did not sign up for THAT! Ha. I'm pretty sure I will be so delirious/numb at the 50 mile point, I won't know the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I saw that the day after I signed up. I bet if you don't run the tangents or forget to pause your Garmin when you dash into the woods for a pee break, you might even hit 51 miles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you just might be giggling out of delirium that last .2...seems so odd to have that extra .2......

    ReplyDelete