Monday, November 21, 2011

7:45:44

...is how long it took me to run 50 miles. It's done. It was amazing. It was hard. Lessons were learned. Tears were shed. Fist pumps were thrown. Goals were met. I'm in Virginia still visiting family, so I'll start my race report later this week (GET READY, it'll be a LONG one). Until then, here's my JFK experience in pictures. I'm way behind on everyone's blogs, looking forward to catching up later this week!
My crew 'waiting on Erin' :)

Am I there yet?

Almost there. Seriously. Almost there.

Best race sherpa ever :) The cowboy hat made him easy to spot!

Somewhere around Mile 39

My crew :)

Sherpa Dan providing words of motivation

Away I go...


Mile 39 required a change of socks and a PB&J sandwich

My momma

Mom and little bro :)

1/2 mile from the finish and smiling in delirium
Quick break at mile 39. Whose idea was this?

Changing my socks for me. What service!

Mile 39...bloody knee = battle wound from the Appalachian Trail

Headed to the finish

Best cheerleaders ever!

Almost there!

Ready to run!

Crew at breakfast

Runners making their way off the trail

Changing my shoes off the Appalachian Trail

Off the Appalachain Trail - THANK GOD

Love my sign Mom!

Best crew ever!

My sister in law and photographer extraordiniaire :)

Making my way to the finish...

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your recap! Also, I can't believe you sat down at mile 38. I would have been like "Nope, I'm done now!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing shots from an even more amazing performance - still in awe of that 7:45 Erin. Just tremendous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You totally rocked that, great job at JFK. Obviously I didn't get a chance to see you...you were just a tad bit in front of my group...by a several hours!! Can't wait to read your full recap. That photo of you near the finish is wonderful, you look like you just started running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been working on my recap and it's been an emotional experience. Ha. I can't wait to read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved looking at the pics. You looked amazing the entire time!

    ReplyDelete